HSA 599 Assignment 5: Capstone Project (Heartland Health, Missouri)
Select one of the health care companies who won Baldrige reward within the last decade from: http://www.quality.nist.gov/Contacts_Profiles.htm
SELECTED – Hearthland Health, Missouri.
Based on your review and analysis of the winner’s summary and other information, prepare a 10-11 page report in which you:
1. Provide a description of the company, its mission, and values.
2. Evaluate how the Baldrige winner implemented the HSA principles and practices and their impact on the patients, employees, organizations, and society.
3. Evaluate the skills needed to administer financial planning and measure financial performance within a health service organization.
4. Discuss how the expected benefits of the financial planning skills paired against what the company realized. Discuss any gaps you identified.
5. Discuss the ethical considerations that are relevant to health care service establishments.
6. Discuss the challenges presented in health care organizations today in regard to collecting, sharing, and protecting patient information.
7. Discuss what you learned in regard to effective communication in this program that you used to improve your ability to persuade, manage conflict, and share information.
8. Develop an alternative HSA policy and practice that aligns with the business strategies of the Baldrige winning company while considering quality of care, trends, ethics, and the law.
9. Use 5-7 external sources as part of your assignment.
Your assignment must:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Apply analytic skills to define strategic problems, generate and evaluate strategic alternatives,
and develop implementation tactics.
• Differentiate between value adding service delivery strategies and value adding support
• Analyze the interrelationship among situation analysis, strategy formulation, value adding service
delivery and support strategies, and action plans
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in the strategic management of
health care organizations.
• Write clearly and concisely about management of health care organizations using proper writing
You may also check out these Great Sites for cheap Tutorials or help with your Homework Assignments:
- HomeworkMarket (I personally recommend this site)